SIOUX FALLS AND SIOUX CITY
Do you have a mechanic background in Automotive, Diesel, Electrical or Electronics? Looking for a new career opportunity? We are seeking knowledgeable customer focused auto, diesel, or forklift technicians to join the Lift Pro Equipment team. Come grow with us!
For 25 years, Lift Pro Equipment has been the first and only South Dakota’s Toyota forklift dealer with locations in Sioux Falls & Rapid City, SD, Sioux City, IA and Jackson, MN. The company also sells and services aerial equipment, utility vehicles, racking, dock equipment, air compressors, and floor cleaning equipment. Lift Pro Equipment continues to maintain its position of excellence in the communities we serve by providing exceptional customer service in the sales, rental, parts, service and warehousing needs for all aspects of business.
Lift Pro Equipment Co., Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company with competitive pay and excellent benefits package. We are currently looking for a full-time Field Service Technician for our Sioux Falls, SD and Sioux City, IA location.
Here’s what you will do:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs and preventative maintenance services
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Do safety checks on equipment
- Complete paperwork associated with repairs to accurately document parts and repair times
- Maintain a service van and its inventory
Here’s what you will need to be successful:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitudes, knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and hydraulics and internal combustion engines, and the ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Good written/verbal communication and customer care skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the drive and ability to succeed
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting (preferred)
- Must have hand tools in order to perform all assigned duties
- Must be able to read and write effectively
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record (required)
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- HVAC experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, professional and self-directed, willing to tackle new challenges
- Technical degree, previous lift truck repair, welding experience, and knowledge of various types of testing equipment preferred.
Here’s what will get you noticed by our team:
- Experience with reading and understanding electrical and hydraulic diagrams/schematics
- Previous experience with troubleshooting L.P., gas and diesel engines
- Ability to analyze situations and suggest process improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work individually or as a team
Here’s what we offer:
- On-the-job training and certification
- Competitive pay (commensurate with experience)
- Generous benefits package including 100% paid health insurance premiums (for employees), long-term disability, life insurance, profit sharing, 401K, paid sick leave and vacation. AFLAC available.
- Company vehicle
- Specialty Tools
- Solid support network
- Career Advancement Opportunities
This is a full-time position, Monday thru Friday, and work hours may exceed a 40 hour workweek. Business is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.